June 11, 2018 9:41 pm
Invisalign 6 Things You Need To Know:
Before starting your Invisalign straight teeth journey with us at Viva Dental Studio we have put together a small list of useful things you should know.
- Impressions: You dentist will need to take moulds of your teeth, which will be sent to the manufactures Invisalign who make the aligners.
- Invisalign Attachments: Invisalign attachments are tooth coloured composite blocks placed on the teeth. This is a necessary part of the Invisalign treatment as they enable the aligner to grip the teeth better to ensure the teeth move in a specific way/ direction. Due to them being tooth coloured they are almost invincible and can only be seen if you are up close to someone.
- Changing The Invisalign Aligners: The aligner should be worn for a total of 5-14 Days before being changed over. Depending on has fast your teeth move will depending on how long it will take you to get to the next aligner.
- Polishing: Polishing in between the teeth is also known as IPR – Interproximal Reduction. It is necessary in most crowded cases where there is not a lot of space for the teeth to move and to also improve the overlap of the teeth.
- Pain: You may experience some slight discomfort from your first aligner for the initial first few days, you may need to take some painkillers. If you do find the aligner sharp in any areas you can use a nail file to polish/ smooth the sharp edge of the plastic aligner.
- Refinement: Despite completing treatment and using all the Invisalign aligners sometimes the teeth do not move as desired. In these circumstances we will then need to retake your moulds which again will be sent to the manufactures to have new aligners made for you.