June 5, 2018 6:33 am
Useful Tips To Help Prevent Tooth Decay
Most children have a sweet tooth and allowing children a treat is ok, but sugar intake needs to be controlled to reduce the damage it causes to your children’s teeth and by following these helpful tips from the dentists at Viva Dental Studio in Hornchurch, Essex to help prevent tooth decay in your child.
- Brush Twice A Day – Make sure your child is brushing their teeth once in the morning and once in the evening, this will help in preventing tooth decay.
- Dental Examinations – Children should see the dentist every 6 months to have their teeth checked. The dentist will be able to identify any problems or cavities your child may have with their teeth and can act on them before they become bigger problems.
- Consume Treats Over A Short Period – Acid attacks the teeth for a period of about 55 minutes, so by having sweets over a short period of time will reduce the amount of time teeth are expose to the acid.
- Bottles At Bed Time – If your child is used to having Juice or Milk at night time in a bottle, opt for Water instead. Fluoridated water helps to wash away bacteria that can harm teeth.
- Limit Citrus Fruit – By limiting Citrus Fruits in your child’s diet will help to protect the Enamel of their teeth from becoming weakened.
Or if you would like to book your child in to see one of our experienced dentist please call the surgery on: 01708 446447 or book online or alternatively email the surgery at email@example.com